Hanson Lawrie are looking to employ an HR assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills for a great Client who can offer ongoing development and career opportunities.
The role will be supporting the Central HR Manager with general HR matters as well as taking responsibility for the coordination of training and development activities.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources Manager
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Assist with performance management procedures
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedure
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employee
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts
- Map out annual training plans
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced and/or in-house)
- Market available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions
- Conduct organisation-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training record
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Research and recommend new training methods
- Proven experience in a HR related role
- Basic knowledge of employment laws and legislation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Degree in Human Resources or related field or CIPD level 3
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- You must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatise in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work autonomously and take ownership of tasks
- Should display remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills with an understanding of employee relationships
- Ability to problem-solving
Apply for 'HR Assistant'